A survey asked people who they would like to see in concert if they could. They broke it down by generation and by state. It’s interesting who each age group would most like to see and the artists who are included in more than one age group. Here’s the key takeaways from survey:
- Eminem and Elvis were the only two artists that made the top five picks for more than one generation.
- Fans across all generations will likely attend a concert 2-5 times a year to see their favorite artist.
- 59% of respondents were willing to take on more debt to see their favorite artist perform live.
- Concertgoers are willing to spend up to $843 on average for floor seats.
- Gen Z is the most likely generation to travel to watch their favorite artist in concert.
They broke it down by state and listed what each one would most like to see in concert. Texas is surprising with Drake and Justin Bieber. Arizona and Colorado would like to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Idaho and New Mexico is all in for Gwen Stefani. A good portion of the south would like to see Michael Jackson.
I would like to see Michael just because he might sing something inspired by where he’s been lately in the afterlife.
So, who would Utah like to see? What artist has captured our hearts?
I asked Michelle here at the station and she said Celine Dion first, Elvis second. She also made clear which version of Elvis “Not the fat Elvis.” But that’s not who most Utahn’s picked.
We are all about the Spice Girls. That’s right, Scary, Sporty, Baby, Ginger and Posh Spice would sell out in the beehive state. If that makes you feel embarrassed, don’t be. The Spice Girls were the overall pick for the country.
Who would have thought a Spice Girls tour is what we are all waiting for. And if you can sing and look spicy, you might want to think about making a Spice Girls tribute show.